Checking your tyre pressures is quick and easy. Many tyre retailers and garages will be happy to do this for you FREE OF CHARGE, but if you’d rather do this yourself, you’ll need to follow a few simple rules.
This won't take long...
Your enquiry has been sent and we will contact you using the details provided as soon as possible!
Please complete the form below:
When you give us your contact details, Group 1 Automotive companies, our authorised dealer network or our agents may use your data to email or phone you about Group 1 Automotive products, services and offers which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also contact you to conduct market research, so we can improve our service to you. We never sell or share your information with third party organisations.
• Check your pressures when the tyres are cold, i.e. you’ve driven less than a couple of miles.
• Use an accurate and reliable pressure gauge.
• Check your pressures against the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended settings for the load being carried. These can be found in the vehicle handbook, inside the fuel filler cap or on the driver’s door sill.
• Check the pressure in all four tyres and don’t forget the spare if your car has one.
• When checking the pressures, also give each tyre a visual inspection to ensure it is in good condition. Look out for any bulges, lumps or cuts and remove any stones from the tread. If something doesn’t look right, have it inspected immediately by a tyre professional.
• Replace the valve caps after checking the tyre pressures.
THE BENEFITS OF CORRECT AIR PRESSURE
Your tyres last longer. If you drive with tyres which are underinflated by 20% they might only achieve 80% of their optimal life span, meaning you’ll need to change them more regularly.
Your Fuel goes further. When your tyres are underinflated by just 20% (around 6psi) 3% more fuel is used, adding unnecessary expense to your motoring bills.
Improved handling and braking. If your pressures are correct your vehicle will be easier to control, making you less likely to be involved in an incident.
You'll improve your safety and reduce the risks on the road. On average, 1100 casualties a year result from incidents where illegal, defective or underinflated tyres were a contributory factor.
CHECK YOUR TYRE PRESSURE AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH AND BEFORE ANY LONG JOURNEY.
Please contact us if you require additional information.
01256 442 505
01344 797 338
01252 884 996
01483 667 202
01635 592 556
171 Basingstoke Road
01189 117 823
245 Finchampstead Road
01189 115 793