The ultimate high-performance supercar – roof up or roof down
Designed to deliver a truly intense driving experience, the new Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus has pure motorsport DNA optimised by Audi Sport. Awe-inspiring power and incredible sounds come from the 610PS 5.2 FSI V10 engine, while its race-derived double-wishbone [SP1] suspension ensures astonishing responses. It’s not short of sports car craftsmanship and striking Audi design either, so you can be sure of the perfect performance from Audi’s fastest ever convertible model – whatever your demands.
Born on the track
In every detail it’s clear to see that the R8 Spyder V10 plus has come from a motorsport background. Precision aluminium double-wishbone suspension and carbon fibre ceramic composite brakes guarantee ultimate control and performance at all times. The cabin has been optimised around the driver, and the contoured bucket seats keep occupants firmly in place even under high cornering loads on a race circuit. Technology such as Audi Drive Select gives you control over the R8’s drive systems, adapting the characteristics of the chassis to the friction coefficient and delivering the ideal specific combination of precision, handling and confident high-speed behaviour for a sports car.
- Optional Dynamic steering with variable steering ratio
- 19-inch forged aluminium wheels in five twin-spoke design
- 380mm lightweight carbon fibre ceramic composite brakes
- Aluminium double-wishbone suspension systems front and rear
Performance taken to the extreme
With a spine-tingling 610PS and an ability to sprint from 0-62mph in just 3.3 seconds, the all-new R8 Spyder V10 plus is a force to be reckoned with. Revving to as much as 8,700rpm, the V10 engine is an object of desire in itself, the centrepiece of one of the most advanced sports cars on the road today. Channelled through a 7-speed S tronic transmission that allows for almost instantaneous gear shifts and harnessed by the latest interpretation of Audi’s legendary quattro all-wheel-drive technology, every last ounce of this celebrated engine’s power is put to use.
- 5.2 V10 FSI engine producing 610PS and 560Nm of torque
- Specially tuned 7-speed S tronic automatic gearbox
- Audi Sport-optimised quattro all-wheel drive
- Efficiency of up to 22.5mpg combined
Power up, roof down
With a lightweight construction thanks to the use of aluminium and magnesium components, the roof of the R8 Spyder V10 plus weighs only 44 kilograms. But it’s not the only technical highlight that you can see from the outside of the R8 Spyder. Handcrafted by specialist Audi Sport technicians, every body panel of this car displays precision engineering, with carbon fibre-reinforced polymer details highlighting its lightweight nature. Finished in exclusive micrommata green paint finish to accentuate the R8 Spyder’s striking lines and athletic proportions, it’s clear to see that being part of the Audi Sport family certainly has its perks.
- Choice of 11 colours including exclusive micrommata green paint finish
- Lightweight carbon fibre-reinforced polymer body panels
- Optional Audi laser lights in the LED headlights
- 3 convertible top colours and 5 sideblade colour options
Standard R8 Spyder V10 plus technology
- 12.3-inch, fully digital Audi virtual cockpit with gear-shift indicator
- MMI navigation plus with MMI touch and voice control
- All-LED headlights and dynamic LED rear lights[SP2]
- Parking system plus, incorporating parking sensors front and rear
- Display showing drive data, including G-forces, lap times and temperature levels
Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus prices have yet to be announced. Contact us to ensure you’re one of the first to receive more information as soon as it’s released.
Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus: a new level of driving freedom